Floatation Therapy Benefits
Floatation therapy, also known as isolation therapy or sensory deprivation therapy, is the popular practice of spending an hour or more floating peacefully on a 10” high water filled floor within a floatation tank or float room. The floating effect is achieved through a water and epsom salt solution, which makes the water so buoyant that you’re floating instead of sinking. To further the effect, all distractions have been removed such as light or visual stimuli, sense of touch due to the water being the same temperature as your skin, and sense of smell due to the epsom salts nullifying any other scents, leaving you with just the feeling of floating!
The effects of gravity on your bones, joints and muscles are also completely removed while floating. This vastly improves your circulation and allows your body to rejuvenate and heal itself. Research shows that floating measurably reduces your blood pressure and heart rate while at the same time lowering stress levels.
The effects of floating on your brain are also quite remarkable. The sensory deprivation slows your brain waves until they reach the theta state. This state is most common during deep meditation or just before falling asleep and is usually combined with vivid imagery, very clear, creative thoughts, sudden insights and inspirations or feelings of happiness. This is all thanks to the release of endorphins, the body’s natural opiates.
Floating is proven to:
- Relieve stress, anxiety and depression
- Reduce chronic fatigue caused by insomnia and jet lag
- Stimulate creativity
- Accelerate mental clarity and learning
- Deepen meditation practices
- Soothe chronic pain from arthritis, fibromyalgia, back and neck pain, inflammation and tendonitis
- Improve athletic performance
- Decrease muscular tension caused by daily stresses and prolonged sitting
- Improve circulation and reduce blood pressure
- Accelerate healing
- Strengthen the immune system
Floating is a wonderful way to nurture your mind, body and spirit. These positive effects are cumulative, so be sure to float regularly!
Music is scientifically proven to have a powerful effect on the brain and body, and it is the basis of NeuroSpa relaxation therapy. Using a combination of music and multi-frequency acoustic vibrations, NeuroSpa synchronizes your nervous systems, targets areas of stress, and relieves tension.
NeuroSpa relaxation therapy can also help:
- Alleviate muscle pain and tension
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Reduce chronic fatigue
- Relieve insomnia
- Improve sleep
- Reduce chronic back pain and other pains
- Increase energy levels
- Promote regular breathing and heart rate
- Prepare your body and mind to enjoy the maximum benefits of floating