What is Watsu Water Therapy
Here’s a little information for anyone who might have heard about our watsu sessions, but isn’t quite sure what they are exactly.
Combining the fundamentals of massage, joint mobilization, shiatsu, and muscle stretching techniques, Watsu is a gentle therapeutic session.
60-minute sessions are run by Obediya W. Jones-Darrell a local Aquatic Therapist. Watsu is performed for 45 minutes with the assistance of an aqua therapist, and for the remaining 15 minutes, clients are left alone to float in savasana.
Performing Watsu in our advanced float rooms allows the aqua therapist to have increased mobilization to perform stretching and massaging; as the high concentration of Epsom salts allows the patient to float effortlessly. The movements through the water provide gentle stretching for the spine and extremities. The rhythmic, gentle rocking motions in warm water is a therapeutic experience that can not be replicated on land.
Benefits of Watsu Water Therapy:
- Increased range of motion
- Decreased joint and muscle pain
- Decreased muscles spasms
- Regulates healthy digestion
- Boosts immune system
- Promotes relaxation by reducing the stress hormone cortisol
Additional benefits from performing Watsu Water Therapy in Epsom salts:
- Absorption of magnesium sulfate
- A decrease in muscle cramps
- Eliminates toxins from the body
- Soothes sprains and bruises
- Exfoliates and cleanses the skin
- Treatment for restless leg syndrome
- Combats depression, anxiety, and insomnia